Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday, 16.7 miles in 2:26

Okay, I'm clearly not running a marathon this month, bu my third run of the week was a good one. I joined my friend Sarah for a long run prescribed by Dr. Jack Daniels. The drill was a 2 mile warmup, then 4x5 minutes at tempo pace, an hour easy, 15 minutes at tempo pace, and a 2 mile cool down. We took the Bay Trail south towards the Emeryville marina, which I had never done. Sarah and I often carpool to runs or track workouts but seldom actually run together, so it was nice to have a partner for a 2+ hour run for a change. Finally, I came home to fresh blueberry muffins by Christine and Silas, and I made some fried eggs with Balsamic reduction to complete the breakfast of champions.

Hopefully I'll get two runs in this week, but then it's off to the mountains for a few days skiing.

No comments: